Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hospital Tidbits

The robots are taking over the world. Today I saw two robots working in 11 Long. One was delivering drugs to the nurses' station and the other one was cleaning the hallway floor. I'm not kidding you, these were unmanned robots!! I'll post pictures of the robots tomorrow if I see them again.

Nowhere in the world is it more true that the last shall be first and the first shall be last than when getting onto and off a busy high-rise-hospital elevator.

Ty Hadman is a poet who wrote a few Haiku poetry books. Here are a couple of hospital Haiku that loosely fit our situation:

Silent waiting room;
drinking mountain spring water
in a white paper cup.

and

Winter poverty;
I made a new friend
at the blood bank.

and one from Hadman's Vietmam war experience to fit the Fort Point scenario:

No enemy seen;
but I get a good look
at myself.



And here's the penultimate tidbit: even if you don't feel like it, you should get some exercise. Sue's nausea has finally settled down to where she can get up and mobe around with her ivy buddy. Here are two pictures of her in the 11 Long Solarium. I included the fuzzy picture only because it shows Sue wearing the p.j.s Cyndi T gave Sue. She's also wearing the blue "Shhhhh" top. Thanks, sis.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you up and about...I hope the nausea goes away! Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete